|Items waiting to be placed in the time capsule.|
|The new time capsule all packed up!|
- 2013 Boston Marathon medal and biography of donor Gregory Soutiea.
- Letters from Boston journalists (Kiera Blessing, Boston Globe; Steve Annear, Boston Magazine; Brian Burns, Boston.com.)
- Photograph of current Boston Mayor, Martin Walsh.
- Photograph of former Boston Mayor, Thomas Menino.
- Tickets from April 20, 2012 Fenway Park Centennial Boston Red Sox game, donated by Peter Loring.
- David Ortiz limited-edition bobblehead, donated by the Boston Red Sox.
- Apple iPhone 5, donated by Patrick LeTourneau.
- Boston Globe newspaper, October 10, 2014, with story about discovery of 1901 time capsule.
- Letter from British Consul Suzie Kitchens, on current United States/Great Britain relations.
- Photograph of Governor Deval Patrick with Prime Minister of England David Cameron, at Boston Marathon Bombing Memorial, 2013.
- Winning student essays from the 2013 Boston Duck Tour Essay contest.
- Foreign Relations of the United States 1977-1980, Volume III, (bound in red, latest in a series represented by the 1896 volume found in the 1901 time capsule), with a letter from Davita Vance-Cooks, Public Printer of the United States, Government Printing Office.
- Letter from Brian LeMay, Bostonian Society President and Executive Director.
- Facsimile of a 1901 letter from George Litchfield, Business Manager of the Boston Traveler. This letter was included in the earlier time capsule that the Bostonian Society opened in October 2014.
- Facsimile of a photograph of the team who worked on the 1901 Old State House restoration project. This photograph was included in the 1901 time capsule that the Bostonian Society recovered in 2014.
- Photograph of the current restoration work teams – Commodore Builders and Skylight Studios.
- Photograph of the current Old State Restoration Project team.
- Old State House Lion & Unicorn: An Unfolding Story, an essay written by architect Donald Tellalian.
- Box from Mike’s Pastry (with no canolis, unfortunately).
- Letters from children participating in Greenovate Boston’s Community Summit 2014, and a Greenovate Boston button.
- “Idahoan’s research uncovers time capsule,” facsimile of an article from Idaho Statesman, October 28, 2014.
- Two 18th-century hand-wrought nails removed from the Old State House tower in 2008.
- Two 19th-century cut nails removed from the tower in 2008
- Fragment of a 1713 brick removed from Old State House during the 2014 west façade restoration project.
- Menu from Legal Sea Foods restaurant, 2014.
- Photographs of Boston’s central artery 2003, and Rose Kennedy Greenway, 2013 (before and after the Big Dig).
By Elizabeth Roscio, Library and Archives Manager